Student Government Association Application
Thank you for being interested in GSGA! Please fill out the form below to become a member!
Here are some things you'll probably want to know:
Georgia Student Government Association Requirements
To have your application taken into consideration you must meet the following prerequisites and agree to the rules listed below.
1. Be a currently enrolled student in good standing at WGTC (excludes adult education or dual enrolled)
2. Have a positive, helpful attitude and the ability to get along with others.
3. Have the desire to meet challenges, solve problems, and take on leadership roles within the organization.
4. Willing to attend leadership conferences and other leadership building opportunities that are presented on or off campus.
5. Help to plan and participate in activities and events for the college community.
When you "run" for West Ga Tech GSGA you are campaigning to be slated for a position on the Executive Council. Which consists of: President, Vice President, Parliamentarian, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter/Historian, Campus Reps for the 5 main campuses. Once slated you will be installed as an officer and will attend a retreat where your position will be assigned to you based on the group of slated people's strengths.
Campaigning is strongly encouraged. Campaigning includes, but is not limited to, distributing flyers, posters, buttons, and/or any other materials that portray a candidate’s image, name, qualifications, and desire to be in a Student Government Association position. Candidates must follow campaigning guidelines as outlined below:
1. Campaigning is not allowed after voting has commenced. Campaigning will begin April 11th All materials must be removed the Friday before voting commences.
2. All materials posted must follow all WGTC policies given by the Office of Student Life. In addition, the authorities in the building you wish to post must approve all campaigning materials and their placement.
3. Campaigning is prohibited in class or in any campus computer lab.
4. With credible evidence, any candidate who is found guilty of tampering with other candidates campaigning materials will be disqualified.
5. Any complaints regarding violations of campaign rules should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the offense. All decisions regarding violations are final.
Student ID number
Main Campus(es) where you attend class:
How did you hear about GSGA?
Word of Mouth
Please tell us whether or not you've ever been part of GSGA:
No, this is my first time joining
Yes! I was on GSGA at WGTC in a previous year
Are you in good standing with the Registrar? (no holds on your records)
May GSGA verify your good standing and your GPA? Note if you mark NO you will not be able to run for a slated position.
If you were on GSGA least year, what position did you hold?
Please detail all your involvement in GSGA below:
What are some ideas you have to improve GSGA for 2017-18
Are you interested in a slated position OR just want to join as a general member. General members will be added to our listserv and will be expected to attend all meetings like slated members. General members do NOT have to campaign to be part of GSGA.
All GSGA students that are seeking a slated position will be encouraged to campaign and will be voted to be put on "slate" by the student body - Slate consists of the following positions: President, Vice President, Parliamentarian, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter/Historian, Campus Reps for the 5 main campuses. Slated positions will be decided once voting has been completed, students are installed and positions will be assigned at a retreat.
Slated Member (position requires campaigning and must be voted into the position by the student body)
General Member (position does not require campaigning or a vote)
Please upload a picture of You! We will use this picture on the ballots that are going out so that people can recognize you from your campaign materials!
Do Not Fill This Out